photo 13775968_10210307559070216_6440483312055399345_n.jpg

Friday, January 30, 2009

Dreams……….

Why do I dream dreams

Dreams of unfulfilled love, Dreams of never bought Diamond Rings.

Last night I dreamt a dream like so many before

Of not getting to tell her I loved her as she walked out the door.

As I followed her through this Dream like landscape

She entered a church full of well wishers and wedding cake.

In a flash of bright light and a cacophony of sound

I was blessed with the sight of my dream woman in a long white Gown

As I viewed this scene with love and joy from my place high above

This woman, My dream girl approached the altar with the grace of a dove.

Suddenly my mind reeled and my feet stumbled backward as if I'd been shoved.

There was some other man, not me, standing to the right of the woman I loved.

.I protested and shouted and yes, I even screamed,

But my body and my voice was held back by hands unseen.

As my mind reeled with questions, I tried to stay strong.

I couldn't remember what, if anything I had done wrong.

Why do I dream dreams,

Dreams of Jazzy night club scenes, Dreams of women who are Queens.

Last night I lived a dream like one I've lived so many times before.

Lively, Dreams of good music, good friends, and crowed dance floors.

As we took are seats, enjoyed are drinks, and grooved to a damn good live band.

My senses were greeted with a site both beautiful and Grand.

A vision of beauty and ellegance burst onto the scene.

A beautiful, caramel skin woman with the confidence of a Queen.

Her beauty was stunning she seemed to glide across tile.

As she greeted each one of us, her loyal subjects with a wave and a smile.

When it was finally my time to be blessed with her gaze and honored her touch.

I tried to hide my infatuation as my neck and my face started to flush.

Her voice was like silky, smooth, velvet, with a feminine tone

Her smile was sincere sunshine I could have sworn we were alone.

As she glided from my presence I was left alone with the guys

The warmth her smile left on my soul helped me keep up my disguise.

The disguise of a man, who is happy and content with his single life.

When he truly has the dreams and aspirations to make a Queen his wife.

So tell me why I dream dreams,

Dreams of lost loves and beautiful Queens ……….



By Jessie Hunt 2008

No comments: